If you registered as a participant for USS 2021, but you have not received an email with practical information, please check your spam email folder and send us an email otherwise:
UNIQUE Student Symposium (USS)
USS is a student-oriented, student-organized conference at the crossroads of neuroscience and AI research. This year USS will be held online, on June 7th and 8th, 2021.
The program at a glance
Day 1: Monday, 7 June 2021
- Keynote lectures: Megan Peters and Pim Haselager
- Panel discussion: Megan Peters, Pim Haselager, Stefanie Blain-Moraes and Irina Rish
- Student Lightning talks
Day 2: Tuesday, 8 June 2021
- Educational workshops: mental health, open science, EDI
- Neuro-AI breakout sessions: machine learning & neuroscience with Guillaume Lajoie, memory & learning with Thomas Shultz, decision making with Paul Cisek
- Registration due:
Friday May 28th (deadline extended!) Tuesday June 1st, 2021 (23h59, Anywhere on Earth)
- Lightning Talks Registration due:
Thursday May 20th, 2021 (23h59, Anywhere on Earth)
We warmly invite you to join us for this year’s edition of the UNIQUE Student Symposium. Registrations are now closed.
Call for Lightning Talk Submissions
On the first day of the symposium, Monday June 7, we will have a lightning talks sessions, featuring 3-minute video presentations by the participants. If you are interested in participating in our lightning talks session, please fill out the form below.
Accessibility and Code of Conduct
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive event. Please be informed that:
- All participants are required to follow the Code of Conduct.
- Recording of Day 1 will be available for asynchronous attendance.
- On Chrome, you can enable Live Caption feature following this video.
- If you have any accessibility needs that you would like us to know, please contact us at
If you have questions, feedback or just want to say hi, please send us an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. You may follow UNIQUE on Twitter for announcements.